2010: Our team of volunteer at the Cotes-de-Fer Townes Square prior to an open evening call to worship service led by pastor Dennis Webb from New Beginnings Fellowship Church in Hollister, MO.
Hope for a Village Nonprofit 501c3 Public Charity organization aiming to restore Hope as we work together towards community development, sustainable projects, health education and nutrition, youth education in and around the town of Cotes-de-fer, Haiti. We are a Haiti Mission.
HFAV is dedicated to the physical restoration and health support of people in and around Cotes-de-fer, Haiti. HFAV strives to make a direct impact in the lives of the families we work with for Christ through team building, trust, relationships with the communities, health education, and other various needed projects.
1) HFAV values ethical principles in its management and actions of its team members, especially those of humility, love, and respect. With that same perspective, we see our work as a hand up, not a hand out.
2) HFAV values ethical support and empowerment of people in need, including working with the equal input of local people and community leaders. This leads to projects that are sustainable, projects that work, projects that are needed and wanted in the community.
3) HFAV values the idea that education can lead to life-changing circumstances and opportunities. We value educating our team members properly to prepare them for their time spent in Haiti.
Over the past 13 years, we have reached out to thousands of individuals, families in our community to help improve their physical health, education, increase school attendances with our Hygiene Kits for Girls Program, improve their health and well-being through home nursing visits, meal distributions,
Please check out our media page.
Short term plans:
1) Establish a 501c3 so we can be eligible for more grants in the future. (Completed in December, 2022)
2) Establish a board of directors to broaden our discussions and assist in the direction of the mission/vision (Completed in December, 2022)
3) Establish a network of volunteers to assist with at-home projects. (This is ongoing)
4) Compile a list of potential donors and their contact info for letter-writing fund raising campaigns
5) Complete the irrigation well project so that local farmers have an adequate water supply to maintain the growth of nutritious food for people in the area. (This first well project was completed in 2015 but unfortunately it became salty and not usable) We are currently working on funding for a new location as of 2023.
Long term goals:
1) Build trust and relationships with residents of the Cotes-de-fer area through its services, leading to opportunities to share the Gospel.
2) Contribute to the decrease of maternal & infant death rates by establishing a fully functioning women's clinic and birth center with trained midwives performing prenatal care, postpartum care, breastfeeding education, and women's health education